Sunday, August 27, 2006

It's all about the wedding

Michael and Michelle get married on September 3rd at a park in Wheaton, Maryland, and I am so excited I can hardly stand it. It will be such a fun long weekend, and I'm looking forward to being with her family and meeting Mike's friends. George and I are leaving on Southwest on Thursday, and I have my steamer trunk packed and ready.

Packing light is very hard for me, and downright impossible when I have several social occasions to plan for. After all, important weddings aren't the time when you just throw a pair of comfortable pants and shirts into a suitcase and call it quits. I'm afraid that I am even going to have to carry my beautiful hat on my lap in the plane.

My hat: I bought this hat at the outlet store for Neiman Marcus, and it is a wowsa hat. It is black and tan, and has a big bow in the front. I call it my wedding hat. This will be the second wedding I have worn it for. Seems to me that hats are great for weddings, and especially weddings that are outdoors. Who wants to sit with their red hair bleaching under the blazing sun?

My skirts: I am breaking out my long full skirts to wear next weekend, and working hard to get out of the rut of wearing pants all the time. I'm really looking forward to wearing my long ruffled blue pint skirt to the Brazilian barbecue restaurant for the rehearsal dinner on Saturday night. Fun, Fun and just say NO to pants!

No tears: I have visualized this wedding, and thought about it a hundred times. Today, during prayers, I said a blessing out loud in church for Mike and Michelle, and...of course...I almost choked up and had to wipe away a tear or two. Oh how I don't want to cry at this wedding. But I can't even THINK about the wedding with crying! I am terribly afraid I will be stricken by a deluge of tears. I have decided that I am NOT going to cry. But I bought waterproof mascara and two packs of kleenex yesterday...just in case.

It's all fun: So it is going to be a week of fun planning, packing and traveling, and a whole long weekend of fun at the wedding and I am having a very happy time of it all.

Blessings to Michael and Michelle!